DC Donut Crawl - dcdonutcrawl
The ride started from Mount Vernon Square at the Convention Center. This was very much a crawl. With 50 or so riders in each wave and cyclists of all skill levels, we were going about 7 or 8 mph on the roads. It was a nice, relaxing pace.
The first stop was Golden Brown Delicious in Dupont Circle. I chose the Gala Apple Fritter. Not as apple-y as I thought it would be, but still pretty good. The second stop was at Astro Doughnuts and Fried Chicken. The choices there were Strawberry or Samoa. I’m not too keen on either of those flavors, so I went ahead and bought a Maple Bacon. The last stop was at District Doughnut, which doesn’t have an actual shop yet (will open at Barracks Row), so it was set up in a parking lot with some other tents and vendors. I got the Brown Butter, which tasted like a sugar doughnut with some cinnamon and butter.
Of all three doughnuts I had today, I would have to say my favorite was the Maple Bacon. It was a bit sweet, but I couldn’t say no to both maple AND bacon.
14 Notes/ Hide
- katebikerun likes this
- laurenrunsfurther likes this
- charlesonthemove likes this
- cupcakeconditioning likes this
- danagoesthedistance likes this
- runnergirlwannabemama likes this
- midwestmissindc likes this
- karikeepsrunning likes this
- bibbermanblack likes this
- seestephyrun likes this
- fromthebackofthepack likes this
- cmjhawk86 likes this
- rachaelfightsback likes this
- waiting-on-daniel likes this
- runningwithcrohns posted this